Thursday, May 19, 2011

Can I steal Candy from a baby?

I want this child's plastic staircase.

It's not like she's using it.... I saw her Imaginarium Glitter Suite house. She put a Barbie to bed with a pink striped wash cloth over her and left her for days. 



"Oh take it" said Barbie, "She probably won't even miss it... she took my Jonathan Adler dress off me and put it on Snow White..."


I transferred my set that came with my house to the second floor. Then I could put HER SET of stairs on the first floor.

I'm afraid if I ask her she will say "NO!" and even after a lengthy discussion about sharing, the Care Bears, whatever, I might not prevail. And then every time she walks by she will keep an eagle eye on them.

What should I do? If I just BORROW them she might not even miss them for a while and I can experiment with them... I could always say her dog took them and she would believe me.... A moral dilemma. What do you think? She is at pre school till 5 today.  The coast is clear...C

Update: My elder assistant reminded me of 2 instances tht might provide deep background on the ebb and flow of items between our two houses.

1. I have a beautiful silver southwestern cuff bracelet I often wear. It dissappeared last July. We searched both houses asking everyone if they had seen it. No luck finding it.

Around December when my little assistant and her parents were nicely dressed and going out, her mother paused to get Grampy to take a picture of them for their Christmas card. "Just a moment" the little assistant said, ran to her bedroom and trotted out with the silver bracelet on her arm.

2. The elder assistant and her sister were watching tv and giggling when the little assistant came in and out of the blue said, "Jessy, you better stop playing with Mommy's makeup"...
I like the saying Mi Casa es su Casa. Literally.

14 comments:

  1. Ask her and she will give you - I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well are you going to paint them or something? If you leave them untouched, then I say take them. If you plan to alter them, you may have to wait until kindergarten starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LP, I like your complex analysis. Sounds like you might have had dealings with this mercurial little assistant of mine.

    I am NOT going to change them. I am implementing the "stainless steel" look into the whole design. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. La pauvre petite innocent. Having had some experience with four-year-olds, I would say that if you ask her for them they will suddenly become extremely important. But if you just quietly 'borrow' them they may not even be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shale and LP, Oese is SUCH a better person than you two! C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Oese has never negotiated with a four-year-old. They win every time. Their negotiating skills are far superior to an adult's. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe Oese's negotiating skills are far superior to ours? Although my 4 yr old has a will of iron and I am a oush over... C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just look at that face. Who wouldn't be a push over?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check out Barbie's face! She looks mean. Oh, PS Oese negotiated with 2 little humans. (her children) :) C

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really feel qualified to comment, but I would hesitate to set an example to a 4 year old of stealing. Borrowing, maybe - but borrowing without asking isn't usually a good idea, unless it's between people who know each other well. Maybe Barbie could write a tiny note saying that you came round while she was at preschool and borrowed the stairs, and stick it where the stairs were? so if she misses the stairs, she'll find Barbie's note and know that you did let someone know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG that is brilliant! You need to join the peace mission in the Middle East! Hilarious solution! Such finesse between reality and playing! C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great staircase - tough problem! I'm glad Rebecca commented before me, so I don't have to solve it, her suggestion is pure genious, I never would have thought of something half as clever! But I've had a really fun time reading all the other suggestions and comments as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha! Rebecca is genius. I do tend to tell the little one when I am borrowing--course, they get excited about it. I do indeed like the stairs...

    ReplyDelete