Friday, February 11, 2011

My new house. The "I" house.




My newest house has arrived. It is the Imaginarium Glitter Dream Dollhouse.... I am going to refer to it as the "I house", basically ready to ditch the whole "Glitter Dream" asap..  It is one of those things you can pick up for around $30.00 on ebay,  IF you live near where it is offered, pick up only type. Or $129.00 at Toys r Us.

The first thing you notice about it is it is BRIGHT! No Pink is spared.

The second thing I noticed is that the graphics are interesting. It is too crowded with them, but some are great. Look at this lamp.

And look at these paper lantern style shades on the bathroom lights!
AND ...  Ta Dah!  Look at this very chic horizontal tile in the kitchen. As I love gray I should just get this house in black and white.

I am tempted to make it into an apartment house, it is so big.

Here is my idea. Take this kind of furniture: 
Which is a Sindy lamp I bought on ebayUK for $2.00, and hack it turning it into this:


Well, that's the plan... Doll hacking is so creative and fun.

So far there is just one little fly in the ointment.
C.

4 comments:

  1. Verrrry Interrrsting. I can see how you would want to grab the spray paint and get busy. Possibilities - on a blank slate of gray - are popping in to my head by the dozens. Are you going to go with Barbie scale or 1/12 scale?

    On the other hand, I can understand why your assistant may change the plan ....

    Keep us posted.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has alot of possibilities, an apartment house for 1:12 and a skyscraper for Grecons. C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lamp! Never underestimate the power of a little paint :)

    ReplyDelete