Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sleeping with beads


So  I have accumulated beads and equipment over the past 3 days. And made friends with 2 bead shop owners. And here is what I learned. Copying this antique lamp is one of my ambitious desires.
I found that the only contemporary beads that are exactly the same as antique ones are the little seed beads.


To copy the long beads, my stores only had them in silver tube or bigger bone. I also looked on ebay. My clever owner at Taos Beads suggested cutting coffee stirrers. Apparently they are hollow and come in different colors. So tomorrow out for coffee.


After I assembled one strand (the longest example) it was clearly the wrong scale for my dollhouse, even though the beads closely approximate the antique ones.

                                     
                             Hence the workshop on the bed.



                 I found these pieces at the bead store and made this.


And here is the cruel example that set me off on this phase. From
                                        Belle Epoch site.



My version.




Another piece of advice... don't put on hand cream before starting.


So I may have been absent for months but I am on a roll. 
 (oh my, I meant to blog this on http://Myrealitty.blogspot.com but this is good because you can go over there and hear how I moved to Taos, New Mexico. Can I still call myself "Leftcoastmini"? Do I have to become "Cactus Mini Casas"?
Cheers, CM

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You are really making progress with this. Your version of the green and white chandelier looks great.
    See if the bead stores have bugle beads. They are long tubes and come in different colors and lengths. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shale.... Gold was a good suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're back! You're making great progress with the lamps. I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! Yes I'm all settled. Never move! lol CM

    ReplyDelete
  5. You moved to New Mexico? I am way out of date! (and I can't find a post about it on MyRealitty, which says you're residing in Pennsylvania???)
    Love your bead lamps! I don't think I would have the persistence, but if I ever try, I will keep in mind no handcream, and preferably don't use the bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you need an urgent loan at low interest rate ? if yes.... We offer Loan at 3% rate apply now (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Thank

    ReplyDelete
  7. HERBAL CURE FOR SHINGLES,WARTS AND HERPES 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was SHINGLES. I have had it for a very long time, I contracted it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I ended the relationship between us. The warts were so embarrassed because it started spreading all over. I have been dealing with these things for a very long time. The last treatment I took was About 2 years ago I applied for natural treatment from Dr. JAMES herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts were gone. It's now 2 years and some months I don't have a single wart or any symptoms of SHINGLES. wow"" it's great, Dr. JAMES has finally cured me. Anyone living with SHINGLES contact Dr. JAMES for natural treatments.his herbal medicine is easy to drink with no side effects. Dr.James has cure for diseases like Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. just reach him on his Email  [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com].  I'm Debbie and you can get in touch with me via debbiewalace@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an inventive and funny person. Love what your end result was. Nice to see there are more like me, inventive.

    ReplyDelete